Are you ready to put together a fun, memorable bridal shower? We've got everything right here to help you get organized. From checklists to guest lists, we will help you become the hostess with the mostess. Our only advice? Set aside three weeks for planning, sending invitations, and purchasing supplies.
Week 1: Organizing the Bridal Shower
Traditionally, a bridal shower takes place during the day time, and brings family and friends from all aspects of the bride-to-be's life together in one place. So one main goal, is to break the ice.
- Here is a sample format you can follow for your bridal shower that does just that:
- Welcome the guests
- An ice-breaker game or activity
- Serve food or have a buffet service
- Another game or activity
- Open gifts
- Serve cake
- Of course, you can throw in some more games, mix things up, leave things out, it's all up to you!
- Here are some game suggestions to get you started.
Bridal Shower Charades
Everyone loves charades! Keep your guests laughing as they act out and try to guess these songs, movies, TV shows, and books that all have one thing in common? the word LOVE, WEDDING, and BRIDE.
Things In Your Purse
Do you know who brought the biggest purse? She could be the big winner! Use this fun checklist to see who has the most - and the most unusual - items in her purse!
Sketch The Bride
This humorous activity is sure to make it into the bride's scrapbook! Have each guest try to draw a picture of the bride, then list 5 things they like about her. What a great way to get to know the bride better, and even share some sentimental moments with the girls.
Crunching the Numbers
- Here are the 8 major costs you should budget for when planning a bridal shower:
- Pictures and film developing
- Food and beverages
- Paper plates, cups, napkins, utensils, etc.
- Decorations: streamers, balloons, flowers, etc.
- Games and prizes
Create the Guest List
Anyone on the wedding guest list can be included, but if you need to shorten the list, invite close family and friends that are in town - or just the women.